Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
i understand caring about journo reviews from a purchase perspective ... but even then only mildly.

My serious question to anyone who cares to answer is: who gives a fuck about reviews? what am I missing?

It's hard for me to give fewers fucks about what a complete douche like clarkson thinks, and chris harris bores me but I am very mildly interested in his opinion. carlos is great except he's more info with some slight opinions so I don't think you can even call him a "review" which is why I think he's the best journo.

Anyway - why are people spending so much time caring about what some random journo thinks, who likely drives totally differently than themselves, and certainly isn't telling them anything equal to what a test drive would tell them?
Of course this is right, why should anyone care?

At the end of the day, whether Sutcliffe or Lagos or Harris or Clarkson or Probst or anyone else likes or dislikes the car does not affect my own subjective experience with and appreciation for the car. When driving it, I can honestly say I have never thought of another reviewer or one of the nay sayers on this forum. Ever.

But, as the originator of this thread (and others like it) I can at least offer my own answer(s) for why I created it: Mostly, it is about trying to keep people honest when generalizing about the car. There is a view out there that the E9X was untouchable and never criticized. That was not so, but it has become this popular belief to the point of being an unchallengeable proposition. Many of the same believers of that folk tale also say that the F8X has been comparatively panned or ripped apart in reviews. Again, not true. Where it becomes a problem is when the usual army of trolls comes over here to find any positive commentary on the F8X and drops in a 'yeah, but the car gets shit reviews, not like the E9X which was a god among men, etc, etc'.

Those comments were getting common and repetetive enough to start to be damn annoying and (being the sort of weirdo I am) I wanted to have a nice convenient source of knowledge to say "no, that is wrong, go away" in response to their unsupported vague generalities.

So I created these compilations for my own nerdy use and then wrote them up and published them cause, hey, maybe there are other losers like me out there (sorry boys, you've proved its true. losers. )

Implicit in all of that, I am an argumentative son of a bitch by nature. So if it helps me argue, I like it.

This stuff helps me argue with those clowns.

Lastly, fuck man, some of us had to wait longer than you to get our hands on one of these and reviews (from the pros or even guys like this loser () were all we had to go on as we lived vicariously:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/80452...pean-delivery/)