View Single Post
      01-02-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

Android Auto, Waze, Google Maps all work perfectly. You can select which one of those opens when you press the Navigation option on screen or the NAV button on the iDrive controller and I set mine to Waze which worked perfectly this morning. It comes with a small GPS receiver so I just stuck that under the dash and it gets a nice solid lock so no issues there. I've read that some people got a splitter for the existing GPS antenna but why bother if it comes with its own? No extra mic needed, it integrates with the existing car mics perfectly as well. I haven't tested phone call quality yet though I have read that some people have odd issues in which case I'll simply have my phone use the iDrive connection for phone calls.

I tried a different car type for the display but it turns out that's only for the iDrive display which is perfect with nothing cut off; it's just the Android display that is which is weird. It's only a tiny bit cutoff so if I never figure it out I won't be bothered. For example when a keyboard is up on screen you can still see the "." on that key but it's at the very bottom of the screen instead of having the blank space of that key showing. I'll get some pics in the next couple of days to put up.

Last edited by Tangent; 01-02-2020 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: fix formatting
Appreciate 2