03-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #60
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I recently purchased the jackpoint stands. They are pricy, but they are also well worth it IMO. No guessing where to jack the car up from and risk damaging expensive parts etc. They work as advertised. They are also very big and robust adding some confidence in the safety department.

An added benefit is I live in a state where I swap out winters on my other cars. These work on the rail style jack points as well so I can use them on my wife's Honda Accord and buddies GTI.

Any way, I don't work for them, but after 3 years of effing around with trying it other ways on my BMWs, I'm glad I spent the $650 for the reasons mentioned.
Did you use a jackpad adapter, hockey puck, wood block, etc? Or did you get a BMW specific one (not from Jackpoint)? Although if you use it on other cars, I'm guessing you got the universal one?

Do you feel it gives you enough clearance off the ground?

How long did it take from order to delivery? They're always backordered.

These are a fantastic idea. All modern jackstands should be made like this. The biggest problem is the cost. At $650, you're creeping towards portable lift prices (QuickJack, BendPak, etc ~$1300). I know it's double the price, but it's a great value, and you gain a lot of functionality.

I'll probably order a 1 set of the 2 jackstands. $300 vs $1300 is enough of a jump that I'm not willing to get the portable lift. I have older jackstands, and they are very easy to use at the proper jackpoints once half of the car is jacked up.

And to answer another question, I've used the central jackpoint in the front of the car a few times. I thought I saw in the manual somewhere it is officially a jackpoint... I could be wrong though...
Appreciate 0