View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #4
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Awesome, glad you got it out before winter.

All of your feedback is spot on. Sport+ throttle, MDM, water + gas consumption (about 1:1 on track), need for plates, seat & harness.

You got the brakes plenty hot? Only unpredictability I’ve experienced is before they’re in temperature range volcanic.

I only got 1 day in with my seat + 6 pt before end of season. Ups the enjoyment factor leaps and bounds. Car is way too fast for a standard seat.

Everything about this car that annoys casuals and doesn’t seem to make sense during street use (e.g., sport plus throttle) makes for a killer track experience.
It's possible I wasn't getting rotors hot enough, I was basically doing 1 warmup lap, 3.5 at-pace laps, 0.5 cooldown lap, hot pits to adjust pressures, then 3-4 more at-pace laps to the end of the ~25 minute session. I think regardless I'll be going to a set of iron rotors, ~60 miles on track was enough to convince me that this should be the car I focus on for 2020, and I don't fancy burning through a set of CCBs halfway through summer.

I know a bucket + harness was a huge improvement in control in my STI, most importantly when the car wanted to get away from me. Going to see if I can get some brackets to transplant the seats before my next lapping day. I think the checklist is now 1: correct alignment 2: transplant seats 3: M2C rotors or AP Racing 4: toe links. We'll see how much I can knock out before ~January.
Appreciate 1
Hrmm55.50