View Single Post
      11-27-2019, 05:29 AM   #69
AO08BAS
Private
Rep
Drives: TR G80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Meh View Post
Guys the best thing to do is get a steering wheel lock. I know it looks ugly but that is the reality these days (especially here in the UK - even Europe). The best steering wheel lock is a disklok. These b******s would have to drill through the lock with 3 separate cuts I believe (the noise and time isn't worth the hassle - especially at night). I don't even trust RFID blocker pouches (what if it isn't sealed property etc - you're not going to check everyday are you..) and still sceptical on aluminium foil (it can get cuts/holes).

It's such a shame that we have to go back and use methods/tools from 15-20 years ago to secure our car. BMW is doing nothing about remote theft of cars (it's been happening for over four years and the last two years has been crazy), at least come up with the program/code to prevent this!

Heres a video of an RS6 saved because of a steering lock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Thanks for this mate, I have been using a steering lock but will most likely upgrade it to a disklock at some point very soon.

In addition to this I now box my car in with 3 other cars every night and I am using the faraday bags! Fingers crossed that puts the kents off coming for my new car.

I really would advise all the Euro owners to take safety seriously. Having my car stolen cost me not just almost 8 weeks of stress dealing with my insurance but has caused my insurance to triple for my new car.
Appreciate 0