05-28-2019, 11:55 PM   #30
scoobyhummel3
Private
China
Rep
Drives: Mica White F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post
Loving everything about this car so far, except that damn front fender gap. I really wish the front bumper was like 2" shorter so I could justify installing some springs or coilovers to make the front sit as flush as the rear (which is perfect, IMO).
i feel the same thing as you do, mate. but from my research and experience, the front sits that height for a reason which is keeping the chassis perfectly parallel with the ground. its well balanced for many many aspects, such as brake bias, weight distribution, dynamic control and etc. i know rear sits low and looks brilliant. but if you go lower the front and keep the rear as it is, the car goes nose down a bit which affects handling a lot (my real experience), like you come into the corner with hard brake, the tail slides more than stock and out of corner, the front end feels so much understeering. its up to you, mate. go looks or go tracks. time to decide, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post
Unfortunately, since the car is going to see all seasons as my daily driver, pushing that front bumper any lower simply isn't an option for me. The front bumper already sits almost 1.5" lower than my lowered S4 and STI, prior to that.
+1, to be honest im aganst for any insane lowered fronts cos the car plays DD for most of people. lets keep it functional.

btw, im a subaru nutter for the last 10 years and used to own an sti as well. love that scooby in pieces.
instagram: scoobyhummel
Appreciate 0