United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 428I Xdrive (N26)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dad5389 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
1. msrp matters only in the sense that a higher msrp means more options. Options matter even in the used car market.

2. Only people on this forum care about manual tranny, public wants dct

3. Convertibles M4s are popular in South Florida, not so much up north.

4. I have been offered 39.1k from Acura dealer on trade but the car they had wasn't to my liking (looked good in pics).

5. Sales tax is a major factor in trading versus private. $40k private sale is the same as getting $37,600 in trade.

6. Why did I want to buy the 2017? Comp pack and 17 months warranty plus better color combo would have been worth it to me for 10k (meaning 38k on my trade).

I walked out and they did not even try the wait a minute let's see what we can do routine.
Can you explain number 5 further? How is that so? I'm selling mine privately but if that's true, I might just go for the highest offer I got on a trade at my local dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dad5389 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
1. msrp matters only in the sense that a higher msrp means more options. Options matter even in the used car market.

2. Only people on this forum care about manual tranny, public wants dct

3. Convertibles M4s are popular in South Florida, not so much up north.

4. I have been offered 39.1k from Acura dealer on trade but the car they had wasn't to my liking (looked good in pics).

5. Sales tax is a major factor in trading versus private. $40k private sale is the same as getting $37,600 in trade.

6. Why did I want to buy the 2017? Comp pack and 17 months warranty plus better color combo would have been worth it to me for 10k (meaning 38k on my trade).

I walked out and they did not even try the wait a minute let's see what we can do routine.
Can you explain number 5 further? How is that so? I'm selling mine privately but if that's true, I might just go for the highest offer I got on a trade at my local dealership.
When you trade in you get a credit for the value on your trade-in on taxes.