View Single Post
      08-24-2020, 11:02 AM   #33
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP3 View Post
I played around with coding years ago but trying to get back up to speed on my new M3. Do you need to purchase both the Bimmercode and the Bimmerlink apps in order to do coding and the other features like the exhaust flap control on bimmerlink?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4 F83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP3 View Post
I played around with coding years ago but trying to get back up to speed on my new M3. Do you need to purchase both the Bimmercode and the Bimmerlink apps in order to do coding and the other features like the exhaust flap control on bimmerlink?
you don't have to purchase both for the other to work but they each have their own respective features. for this thread, if you want to disable the burbles, you only need to purchase bimmerlink.
With regards to the exhaust flap, while bimmerlink can control them, you're better off running a valve controller. With bimmerlink you'll have to sync the app every time you start the car and then open the flaps. With a valve controller you can just hit 1 button for instant gratification (I have the valve controller synced to the homelink). there's a VSC valve controller for sale as well in the classifieds!
Appreciate 0