CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I disagree. In cars of this power to weight ratio, in straight ahead acceleration, I can feel the difference between passenger or no passenger (say 150-200 lb). That is on the order of 5%. My butt-o-meter is far from finely honed from years of road racing, but has gotten a decent work out on dirt bikes (rear wheel basically spinning all the time), snow machines, some off-roading in trucks, etc. For me I'm pretty sure I could't consistently identify 75 lb or so of difference. I think very experienced HPDE guys and certainly racers could probably identify consistently around 75 lb, but 25-50, doubt. Definitely no solid evidence/proof here, but reasonable numbers I believe.
I once did a "joy ride" for a young lady at the track. She must have been 90-100lb at the most. After a few laps, she wasn't feeling too well so I dropped her off in the pits and jumped right back on track without leaving the driver's seat. I could definitely feel the difference in weight, I was in fact astonished by how much the difference could be felt. This is at the racetrack though, where the car is pushed at the limit so relatively small changes can be felt.
Appreciate 0