12-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #26
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
BMW is using the same outdated 10yr old Playbook. The 2003.5 e46M3 received LED taillights during the mid year LCI refresh. Fast forward over a decade and they are still playing the same stupid game. This is one of many reasons that I buy in the middle of the lifecycle and will never consider the first year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Agreed. This is a tired strategy. For an $80,000 car to have single-bulb incandescent turn signals as a 2015 model is (within the context of things) a travesty.
Totally agree.
What are the chances you still have to pay for an alarm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Laser headlights are a cost option on the i8 and are currently not certified for use in the USA.
The first standard BMW to feature them will be the next generation 7er that will be introduced in the Summer of 2015.
Again these will be optional equipment at high cost.

The 5er will follow with the next generation as will the next 6er and of course luxury SAV the X7. Again they will be optional to the customer.
It is not looking likely that Laser Headlights will be offered for the 4er or indeed M4 to customers as an option.
Are you confirming there will be an X7?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0