View Single Post
      01-31-2021, 09:58 AM   #16
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3elmo View Post
Perfect answer since my setup is coded same as yours. only difference being dinan rear links and dinan HAS.

monoballs here we come! - if installed properly I'm thinking this shouldn't require an alignment afterwards.

edit - would this also fit the bill: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...treet-version/
Those are the lower control arms, not the tension struts that contain the monoballs we're talking about.
They do make a tension strut like that, but I would stay away from exposed (non-sealed) rod ends like that. They dont usually last long on the street, since there is nothing to keep moisture and debris from getting into the joint and ruining it over time. And when those joints fail, they sound like absolute shit.

You shouldn't need an alignment after installing the tension strut monoballs, but it would depend on the condition of the original bushings at the time that the last alignment was done. If the original bushings were torn or worn-out the last time it was aligned, that may have affected the toe when they adjusted it. If that's the case, putting the new monoballs in will change the alignment (probably caster) and the toe will therefore also change. If the bushings are still healthy (mine were still stout at 73k miles) it probably won't change much, if at all.
Either way, if it hasn't been aligned in a while (more than a year) it's worth at least having it checked. Toe will change with one decent pothole or bump in the road, so you never know.
Appreciate 1
m3elmo49.50