Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanayoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
The slagging DINAN is taking in this thread is sort of off putting. First of all, they haven't even made the decision on what to do yet and this has been over a long holiday weekend. I'm hoping that if/when everything works out in OPs favor and the motor is warrantied, folks here will at least give DINAN credit and maybe walk back some of the remarks. If DINAN does in fact warranty the repairs, then regardless of how impressive you think the tune is compared to other companies it's pretty mega that you have the umbrella protection with the warranty.

What I'm curious to know however is if DINAN does in fact warranty the motor, what exactly is going to come of the tune they put on OPs car? If the tune itself was found to have caused the damage, I have to imagine they'll either need to update their software or OP will have to go back to stock? Finding fault in the tune would certainly preclude it from being installed on the new motor I would have to imagine.

As always, good luck OP.
The real problem is more in line with what others in this thread have said. It shouldn't be a question about whether DINAN will cover it if nothing besides BMW and DINAN components are on the vehicle. This is the type of situation that leads to the "BMW won't cover it because tuned and DINAN won't cover it because they insist it's a BMW fault" fear that many people have.

Let's take an example. Spun crank hubs are known problems on these cars, even while stock. Let's say a DINAN car spins the crank hub. BMW could legitimately say "wait you're tuned!" and deny coverage. DINAN could legitimately respond with "But this is a problem on stock cars, so it's not our fault!". In that situation, the customer could be stuck without coverage.

I'd hope that my example wouldn't play out that way and that the "maybe it'll be covered" tone they're taking in this situation is just to make sure that there has never been another tune on the car and/or there aren't DINAN approved components installed. In the past I've had a DINAN Stage 3 335i and a DINAN Stage 1 M5, and I was seriously considering DINAN Stage 3 + CAI + Heat Exchanger for this car. This thread will go a long way toward helping me make up my mind in that regard. As a result, I (and others in my situation) really owe @braunthalf much appreciation for keeping us in the loop on what's going on.
Well said. Summarises the issue perfectly.
Appreciate 0