03-10-2021, 10:01 PM   #7
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorstein View Post
This seems so confusing to me!?!

A.) What is a "Custom ROM" - In my day, it was a specialized (physical - outboard) Read Only Memory chip.
I gather this is Not what is being referred to here?!?

All of the images you provide are post- or once you already have all the maps available to you.

The primary question for me remains:

"HOW DO I (for lack of a better term) "UPLOAD" THE 4 MAPS - "of my choice" (... as I was told)??

How do I get these in the car in order to be even being able to start playing with the Cruise Control switches?!?

Ok., so there's something about "converting" them. How is this done? Is there a separate tool/app. for this?

I need a "step by step" from, Step 1 - Signing in the the "BM3" App.

The instructions are definitely Not, "Comprehensive"!

[Edit:] More so, for those of us that don't have a Custom Tune (or "Tun-er") at our disposal and purchased "BM3" for just that reason!?!

ROM (read only memory) but its actually writeable during flashing, confuse everyone even more now? ROM is just an abbreviation typically used in the tuning world to represent software, instead of data (aka calibration, aka tables).

We have a lot explained on the Wiki in detail with screenshots and videos but in a nutshell, you have two OTS maps to pick from, Stage 1 and 2.

The new Stage 1 FlexFuel AntiLag Multimap contains 4 switchable map slots each of which represents a Stage 1 map for the octane described in the map's description:

Map1: ACN91 octane
Map2: 91 octane
Map3: 93 octane
Map4: CS stock power map

They're preset, just like any prior OTS map we had so far.

If you flash this new Stage 1 'multimap' OTS you'll be able to use map switching to switch among the 4 map slots at any time while in the car using the steering wheel without any further reflashing (instructions posted in the link in the first post, along with videos). AntiLag is enabled in all four map slots and if that's your thing, you can trigger it at any time in any map by holding the UP button (1st position) on your Cruise Control buttons, left side of the steering wheel, and then pressing on the Accelerator Pedal going WOT which builds boost and you let go of the Cruise Control UP button to take off with boost on tap.

Flex Fuel is enabled on all 4 map slots in both of these OTS maps. Regardless of the map slot you're in, if you have the Flex Fuel sensor connected in the car to its CANBus (email us for instructions if needed) the DME will see ethanol % content and in realtime adjust your aggression higher the higher your ethanol content is in the tank, making more power and torque than any of the 4 Map Slots do when running without the Flex Fuel sensor connected. The same story goes for the Stage 2 map.

Combining existing/old OTS maps into a multimap is not something currently supported and why the new OTS maps are offered instead. However, any existing map can be converted to a CustomROM one to enable the AntiLag feature on it.

Any further details please email us at support@protuningfreaks.com and we'll do our best to help answer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_Greg View Post
I just tried the antilag after converting my map to the new ROM map. Antilag did not work. Did 3200rpm in 3rd gear, held the cruise control flip switch in the first up position for a few seconds and mashed the throttle. Nothing happened, rpm just went up like normal without additional boost building up. What am i doing wrong?
Best to email us and we'll review it with you

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 03-10-2021 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 4
F80_Greg135.50
sly1types431.50
f80fan15.00
FSociety3812.50