View Single Post
      12-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #75
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
M2 could be, but it`ll take up to 215 (maybe even 2016) before riding the streets. There are also rumors it`ll only be delivered as a 4 banger.

Also that M2 is growing in size once again, the nicest part of the 1M is it`s compactness, which I do really love ( it is a very nice coincidence that the 981-Cayman S has exact the proportions as the 1M, only wheelbase is different)

Engine wise the NA vs Turbo discussion is tough, both are great on their own way, but the turbo in street riding has made mee feel spoiled somewhat, the instant power feel/delivery is just insane, high reving engines are great also on feel and sound, but not always possible in daily driving ( I dit have an E46 M3 and an E92 M3, so have been there done that)

Further rumors are that Porsche is going to build only turbo charged engines from 2016 and on, because of EU CO2 emission regulations/laws

The Cayman is a serious alternative for me, the EPS will be better and evolving in time, engine developments are on the way as we speak.

We will see what happens for succesion of the 1M, which is for me the most rewarding Bimmer ever driven. Could be I `ll never give her up

I test drove a Cayman S, before I ordered my 135is. Really liked it, but the engine behind me on the highway was to much & the car suffers from a lack of torque and just not fun to casually drive on the streets.

Too bad the 1M's had already been sold out, but my 135is isn't too different from the power of the 1M, but I just feel the E82 needs a slightly longer wheelbase, so it tracks better at high speeds, etc.

The M4 has a nice wheelbase, but the car is just too long for my liking. If I go that big, I will just get a Mustang. Kinda why I have a 2.5y lease on my 135is, waiting on a M2. (Unless someone released an AWD performance hatch)
Appreciate 0