View Single Post
      12-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #37
Randy M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 B302 LS

Imo the new Mustang will be cross shopped with the M4 and other euro cars. Even more so than they have in the past. I've had all kinds of cars and have cross shopped them all. These among others:

Aircooled 911's and a 997.2 GT3
R32, Corrado and GTI
Ram SRT-10 and Challenger SRT 8
Landrover D90
Audi RS4
E46 M3
and sadly a H2 SUT lol

I'm not a euro car snob and I personally don't feel like I'm somehow better or above driving an American car. They do some things better like fit and finish, dealer experience, more refined cars etc. The Americans do other things better, POWER, style, service and parts costs. And the best thing the Americans do is sell you a car at a price point where you don't feel like you've paid too much.

I have a deposit on a M4. It'll likely cost in $77-82K or so. When (if) I take delivery I will feel like I paid too much. Just like I did with the GT3 and the RS4. On the other hand I could buy a new Mustang GT for likely half the price. The difference with this new Mustang is that fit/finish and overall performance will be much closer to the European feel and will compare favorably with the M4. The Americans are getting better for sure. GM and Chrysler will follow Ford in the quality of their offerings. That is a win for everybody...