View Single Post
      08-09-2016, 11:06 AM   #74
BhamDavid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Agreed. I'll never see the value in having that thumbwheel, particularly when you also have setting temps. But once I figured it out, I just put it on blue and left it there.
Once you figure out the thumb wheel, you'll wonder why all cars don't have them. Yes, I agree, when it's hot, it needs to be full blue. But when it's cold and you need heat, one blue will give you a refreshing slightly cooler stream of air to your face than the warm air to your feet. (I assume you realize that the thumb wheel only affects the upper vents). Also on cooler days when you need just a little cooling, full blue will produce air that is far too cold. One red dot warms the air just slightly and is more comfortable.

A warning: if you put the wheel at full red during heating season, once the cabin comes to set temperature, the upper vents will continue to pump out hot air while the lower vents will put out cold air to try to maintain the set temperature.

On the AC power: I'm in Alabama and just a push of the MAX button for a minute or two when parked in the summer sun cools things down very rapidly. Setting the fan speed to the second of the automatic fan speed ranges is very comfortable in AUTO mode on the hottest days to maintain the cabin temperature.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410784.50