08-09-2016, 12:08 PM   #75
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamDavid View Post
Once you figure out the thumb wheel, you'll wonder why all cars don't have them. Yes, I agree, when it's hot, it needs to be full blue. But when it's cold and you need heat, one blue will give you a refreshing slightly cooler stream of air to your face than the warm air to your feet. (I assume you realize that the thumb wheel only affects the upper vents). Also on cooler days when you need just a little cooling, full blue will produce air that is far too cold. One red dot warms the air just slightly and is more comfortable.

A warning: if you put the wheel at full red during heating season, once the cabin comes to set temperature, the upper vents will continue to pump out hot air while the lower vents will put out cold air to try to maintain the set temperature.

On the AC power: I'm in Alabama and just a push of the MAX button for a minute or two when parked in the summer sun cools things down very rapidly. Setting the fan speed to the second of the automatic fan speed ranges is very comfortable in AUTO mode on the hottest days to maintain the cabin temperature.
To me it makes much more sense to set the temp and forget it - no manual adjusting of fan speeds or thumbwheels. There should be no need to adjust anything other than temp and the fan speed and blower air temp should work off that one setting. If you are too hot or too cold - just adjust the temp.or set things manually without using the temp.

Like I said earlier, the a/c works fine. But I would prefer to have the ability to set the temp and forget it.