10-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #178
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Based on what SickFinga said in Post #88, I am not so sure.

This car is not a separate model like the CS and GTS, but an iteration of the standard F80. That may seem like a minor technicality, and in a general context it is, but I would suggest that it may be important in cases such as the one you bring up.

I remain somewhat skeptical that this car will actually be called "M3 CS". But even if it is, clearly it isn't going to have full feature parity with the M4 CS. Although, it will have the engine tune and share suspension tweaks with the M4 CS too (whatever those are), so that's what matters most I'd think. Pricing remains a big question. Already, the value equation for the M4 CS has been called into question by many, and rightly so. Will this car suffer in the same way? We shall see.
Well, I hope you're right, because if it's not full feature parity with the M4 CS, then there's hope for the 6MT and real door panels.

As for the price, given the OEM CF hood is hell expensive, plus all the other bits, it might still be worth it. But I'd be adding up the cost of a ZCP and buying a hood/lip/spoiler as opposed to just paying more for this model - especially if it comes with everything I want.
Appreciate 0