View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 06:11 PM   #16
Continental02
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

I've tracked my DCT M4 with an E85 tune making 570whp/tq without any issues. Over 15 track days and daily driven. The only effects were increased consumption of plugs/injectors/coil packs. No crank hub fix or cooling mods. I never worried about aggressive downshifts or spinning the hub. I kept up on maintenance and took care of the car in hopes it would take care of me. Thankfully it did. To my knowledge, the GT4 race cars are running without crank hub fixes without problems, so why would I need one?

My two cents...spend the money on a custom tune specifically made for the track. Let your tuner know you plan to torture the car and dial things back. Even with the huge increase in power over stock, I actually had less traction issues with my custom tune on the street and track than I did stock. The powerband was so smooth and easy to drive at the limit.

The car will overheat on long straights or high power circuits. Most notably at COTA in 90+ degree weather, Laguna in 90+ degree weather down the start/finish straight and Auto Club in 80+ degree weather down the long roval straight.

I've severely tortured the car and done multiple 30-minute sessions with the car overheating, and it limiting power/revs nearly the entire time. I forgot exactly what pieces they were, but the only consequences were melted wires and o-rings. We replaced them, and the car ran continued to run perfectly after. It's expensive to run these cars at their limit but well worth it.
Appreciate 0