View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 12:46 PM   #21
Continental02
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFragileHalogen View Post
Do you know exact max power of the GT4 race car? Only web search I could do was an article saying it's close to 500hp at max but that power level is mostly already illegal at most race series. So they are raced at far below 500hp.

"The car is quoted at "above 431 hp" using the red power stick, which is both the lowest level available and the one used for IMSA Continental events. The silver stick, which is next up, is currently used in Pirelli World Challenge. I’ll be driving the car with the gold stick, which is the Goldilocks choice. Move all the way up to the top-flight black stick, and you’re probably illegal in any series anywhere—but you’re also close to 500 horses."

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-car-on-track/
I'm not sure what the exact power is for the GT4. My comfort came from knowing that my same drivetrain is out there racing each weekend and trusted to finish without issue. Even if the car is down on power, it's still overengineered at whatever level they're running it at and is proven capable of finishing 24-hour endurance races.
Appreciate 0