03-23-2017, 06:18 AM   #250
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Car now been in the workshop since Monday 13th and awaiting new rear shock absorbers. From the experience of the others I can't see them sorting the issue but fingers crossed and all that. The dealer have been perfect throughout but they were awaiting an answer from BMW before they could proceed and start ordering up parts.

I have had the customer experience F80 M3 since March 7th so i can't really complain. That being said, this car makes the same noise. Strange
Car back and the noise after 8 months has finally been rectified. Having been told three times previously that the noise was a characteristic I sort of dealt with it but after it getting worse I knew it wasn't. Especially considering M2/M5/235i doesn't make the same noise whatsoever.

Anywhoo. Two new rear shock absorbers along with all the relevant hardware later and the car is FINALLY silent with no knocking when I drive along the road. I'm over the moon, literally makes the car 10x more enjoyable to me. Now to take it on some long drives