View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #20
AO08BAS
Private
Rep
Drives: TR G80 Comp

Great review for the geeks out there but I still don't get his point. He says its the best car in its sector and objectively better than the E92 in every way. Having owned both I would agree with his statement but this whole "emotional connection" stuff is rubbish IMO.

Emotional connection to a car is totally subjective there is no single car that if 100 people were to drive it each and everyone would make some kind of romantic bond to it. Everyone has different wants and needs from a car and some people might find the F8x much more of a car to connect to than the E92. Where as others might find more of a connection to a mini cooper than they would to say a 911 GT3, its all subjective.
Me personally I found them both to be about the same in that respect.

Also I find it laughable that "being too reliable" is not a negative against a car... u wot m8?? So now the fact the car doesn't break down every 2k miles is suddenly something we hate about current M cars? Lol lets not be silly here guys.

Personally the only downsides which I think everyone could agree on with the F8x was the price point base and the steep depreciation. Oh and maybe the sound when compared to its rivals? Other than that I would say F8x owners are a lucky bunch and are driving the best of breed in its sector of the market.
Appreciate 8