United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by afisherunc View Post
Hello everyone!

Day 7; August 29; Salzburg
Today we will plan to continue exploring Salzburg! Depending on timing, we will try and take a day trip to Hallstatt.

Highly recommended! Being from that area originally, I'll give you a few tips for the perfect day.

Leave early for Hallstatt and try to get there before 10 or so. You can see everything in a couple of hours as it's pretty small. Usually I'd recommend the Salt mines but since you'll have an awesome car with you, I'd skip that and instead enjoy some of the amazing roads in that area. Heading back out of Hallstatt, go towards a town called "Bad Ischl" (awesome place for lunch) and then get on the B145 towards "Gmunden". A few km's outside of Bad Ischl, take a left on B153 (Weissenbachtal, Attersee). This is one of the most amazing roads you'll ever drive and it's made for M cars. Once you get to Weissenbach, take a right and follow the road along the lake for about 3 kilometers. Take a right on "Grossalmstrasse" towards Altmuenster. Another fantastic road that is even more amazing in this car. Follow it all the way to Gmunden and have dinner next to the lake. "Hoisen" is an awesome restaurant on the other side of the lake and it overlooks Gmunden and has some of the best views you've ever seen.

From Gmunden, it takes about 45 minutes to get back to Salzburg.

Thank me after your trip
Appreciate 0