Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvq View Post
I sent them the following and hopefully they call me back with a response:
Quote:
Hi,

I've purchased a full set of BMW F8X (2015-2020 M3/M4) through one of your vendors (BuyBrakes) and waited months to get my kit in. I was convinced that this full kit was a fantastic slightly lower-cost alternative to going with AP Racing. I was so convinced that I convinced 3 others to buy full kits as well.

However, I've come to realize there are issues with how your kit is packaged with the front rotors being wide annulus. I ordered a set of race calipers which were pieced together with SR34/SR33 pads as well as an extra set of 309 front and rear pads. However, this has been a complete nightmare due to mismatched annulus widths. This makes swapping from street or track impossible with your pads.

- 309s came in ~61mm annulus which matched the rotor and I installed.
- SR34 came in standard annulus so I sent them back to you guys for a set of SR33 which were wide annulus.
- SR33 exchange I received weren't standard OR 61mm annulus but instead is 54mm annulus.

So I'm reaching out to you to see what solutions you have for me after spending well over $6K on brakes seeing as I thought I'd have pad selection from multiple mfg, but instead, I don't even have pad selection from your own company.

Should I be:
Converting everything back over to standard annulus? If so at my own cost?
Needing separate front road and track hats/rotors?
Expecting pads made for the kits that you provide?

A little bit frustrated here, please let me know what we can do to actually make these 4 full trophy kits work because I'm starting to think we should have all been better off buying from your competitor AP Racing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvq View Post
I sent them the following and hopefully they call me back with a response:
Quote:
Hi,

I've purchased a full set of BMW F8X (2015-2020 M3/M4) through one of your vendors (BuyBrakes) and waited months to get my kit in. I was convinced that this full kit was a fantastic slightly lower-cost alternative to going with AP Racing. I was so convinced that I convinced 3 others to buy full kits as well.

However, I've come to realize there are issues with how your kit is packaged with the front rotors being wide annulus. I ordered a set of race calipers which were pieced together with SR34/SR33 pads as well as an extra set of 309 front and rear pads. However, this has been a complete nightmare due to mismatched annulus widths. This makes swapping from street or track impossible with your pads.

- 309s came in ~61mm annulus which matched the rotor and I installed.
- SR34 came in standard annulus so I sent them back to you guys for a set of SR33 which were wide annulus.
- SR33 exchange I received weren't standard OR 61mm annulus but instead is 54mm annulus.

So I'm reaching out to you to see what solutions you have for me after spending well over $6K on brakes seeing as I thought I'd have pad selection from multiple mfg, but instead, I don't even have pad selection from your own company.

Should I be:
Converting everything back over to standard annulus? If so at my own cost?
Needing separate front road and track hats/rotors?
Expecting pads made for the kits that you provide?

A little bit frustrated here, please let me know what we can do to actually make these 4 full trophy kits work because I'm starting to think we should have all been better off buying from your competitor AP Racing.
thanks for the update - I've also emailed stoptech directly but they replied to Adam@buybrakes. I have an ongoing conversation with Adam regarding this issue.

Quote from Adam "I have the owner here digging in with the VP at Stoptech, fyi....not sure when but they're going to discuss any potential solution for the WA rotor/pad issue"
Appreciate 0