View Single Post
      12-08-2021, 01:10 PM   #3
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Get ready for an expensive addiction.

You'll need a club because it's extremely expensive to rent a track out, get insurance policies, emergency services, etc...

If you want to go without a club, I think you can hop on something like trackrabbit and pick up a guest day at New Jersey Motorsports Park. It will run you approximately $300. You'll probably do a lead-follow for your first event so you won't be able to go full send which may be a good thing if you're completely new to this.

Long term, you'll want to find a club that you enjoy. Everyone here has clubs that they belong/tend to deal with. SYT_Shadow runs a lot of PCA events from what I know about that fast spaniard. I personally, along with Montaver and a few other people typically run with NASA Northeast. jfritz27 has been running with another one (I think HOD) but he is also a NASA member. NASA/PCA/SCCA/BMWCCA are the clubs who typically have the expensive available weekends at tracks. The smaller organizations like Chin (I actually like them the most - more than NASA), SCDA (another great one), HOD, etc... typically get the open days available during the week which makes it difficult for a lot of people to do the track day but on the plus side it's a bit cheaper.

They all have pros/cons. SCCA local chapters are not very well organized in my opinion but has a nice crowd and their track days aren't quite as congested. NASA drivers are more full send than the other clubs I've dealt with but they are terrible at congestion and managing track time - they have a really good general liability policy as well. SCDA/Chin are both very well run organizations and manage track time decently but weekdays can be tough for some (they do occasionally have weekends).

Either way, if you decide to join NASA you can ask me for a referral and I'll send you the $50 track certificate they send me.

Looking forward to seeing you out there.
Appreciate 3