General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Re EEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
Is this accurate? I think it's a bit funny all the naysayers to dropping the car (I'm one of them), stating they don't want to mess up the 'BMW engineered', millions of $$ and hours developed, balanced OEM stock suspension with some aftermarket springs, and here's BMW literally just rebranding one of the aftermarket products as their own with minor changes. I admit I'm fairly interested in this, simply due to the OEM brand and warranty. If the car pulls to one side, has uneven tire wear, etc etc, you can just take it back to the dealer and say, 'fix it'. All this while gaining some feel, performance, and looks. The only x factor is the cost. If it's anything close to a real coilover system, why bother?

I, too, wonder if this is going on the comp pack...
I agree, I am on the same band wagon as you, I have always been cautious about altering the spring damper combination. This sort of confirms that the EDC is able to adapt to varying spring rates. I still wonder if BMW will recommend those for the non-adaptive dampers.

The main benefit I see with the MP coil-overs is that they are built to BMW specifications. BMW have the complete chassis design and development test data at their disposal. Which makes them better suited at selecting the appropriate spring rate and bump stop height and rate.

This sure seems like a sweet combo .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 11-04-2015 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 1