View Single Post
      04-28-2021, 02:09 PM   #128
GrabacrOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edycol View Post
Personally, I trust Motul more. But Ravenol's numbers look exceptional. Very low Noack (means really stout thermal stability), very low Pour point (indicates a lot of PAO).
So, IMO, any of those two will do exceptionally well.
You might try both, do UOA and see how it looks.
Thanks - I'm debating trying the Ravenol. My car seemed to like their 0W-40 (I've yet to do a UOA on it). Like you mentioned, only thing that's got me apprehensive is the variation and viscosity drop in UOAs for the VST on European forums, even with the newer UVSO version. And Motul is more easily available through different vendors and for cheaper than the Ravenol.

One question I have though - the Ravenol 0W-40 is majority PAO and the Motul gen2 is purely HC - will there be any issues with mixing these oils? There will be some residual oil in the oil cooler and lines so should I fully flush Ravenol out of the engine before adding Motul or is this not an issue?
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #578262 as a referral.

F10 535i M-Sport | Gone but not forgotten: G01 X3 xDrive30i M-Sport; F15 X5 xDrive35i; E70 X5 4.8i
Appreciate 0