05-22-2019, 07:52 PM   #2470
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
The steering assist is adjustable on the RS3 (like it is on the F8X), but it is not “dynamic”.
Ahh okay, got it I might see if I can give the RS3 a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Nice write up! I agree Audi has the best configurable virtual cockpit. The updated G series one in my wifes 550 is a disappointment compared to it. But, you are right then Audi oddly has a confusing/clunkier MMI (to my wife and I anyway) compared to iDrive. Audi does do interiors a bit better as well, those seats!
Thanks

Yeah honestly I hardly messed with the Audi MMI only because of how handy the Virtual Cockpit was that you don't even need to mess with the MMI. Yes, there are a few things you can setup in the MMI that directly affects the Virtual Cockpit but for the most part, once you set it up the way you want, you won't have to mess too much with the MMI aside from the normal stuff.

I really didn't expect to like the RS5 as much as I do. The biggest thing I have seen from two main Audi forums are that the RS5 is expensive and not everyone see the 20k price increase. As I have said here but not on that side, the C63S and RS5 MSRP are pretty much the same, they both sit at 74k. Benz is slightly more by $500.00 but that is it. Some say the S5 is more worth it but from what I gathered, the S5's depreciation hit is extremely bad the first two years. If I can remember correctly, I was told the Audi RS5 has a 65%+ (obviously estimated) value still after 3 years, which is extremely good if you compare the car between it's main rivals. That is, of course if you care for that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I'll need to spend some time in an Audi to see about their seats - hadn't heard anything particular about them before.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but that's ok - I have to admit that the seats in my wife's Nissan Murano are extremely comfortable. Quite like them. The SRT-8 is not nearly as comfortable.
It's partially the design but with Audi's leather or design, it is also comfortable and it has enough padding that if you're very skinny like me, you don't feel fatigue driving. I have had this problem with the Macan S we have. I am not fond of the cushion in the Macan. Also, from my initial impressions, the leather in the RS5 at very least, it shouldn't deform nearly as much as the ones in the F80/F82/F87. For example, my M3 is very babied. You won't see another M3 as protected as mine and even then the leather is slightly off (you can see it has been sat in). I'm not even past 3k in miles yet, I clean often too.

You can opt for the Alcantara/Leather instead of the full leather seats but Alcantara is hard to keep clean (least for me) so, no alcantara leather seats for me.
minn1914034.50