Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Seriously, though, this is basically an exercise in freakonomics. You could probably buy a cheaper car, make it faster and more enjoyable at the track than an M3/4, but you didn't because you're an M enthusiast. Taking a step back, the same argument you're making about CCBs could also be made about your M. Next, you're going tell me and the rest of CA to move to a state without income tax or to shop exclusively at Target.

Brakes. You know why I did it? I guess because I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
They are the same manufacturer and same design as PCCB. why would experience using them on a porsche not apply to the bmw with the same brakes? if anything we are dealing with much heavier cars so their benefit is relatively lower since their only measurable quality is lower unsprung weight.

you won't see an M5 needing replacement ccb's because you won't see them on a track? I have had 3 students in F10 M5's in the last 3 years and all had steels. I had over a dozen F8X students. 2 with ccb's. drove on f8x with ccb's on 3 different tracks including bmw's performance center.

the truth is no one can really justify them other than saying they swear they feel they stop better or they feel lighter which is ridiculous. they look good and they are lighter. thats what you tell everyone at the bar. they last longer as long as you cruise down the boulevard. thats the reality.
Appreciate 1