Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
Hmmm, an interesting perspective. The general public doesn't seem to have that sentiment where I'm from, but I always enjoy hearing about car perspectives from different areas (e.g., some people on this forum from Los Angeles say M3s are extremely common, whereas in my area I see plenty of 911s but I'm lucky to ever see another M3).

I've personally never put the two cars in the same category--the M3 has been "top dog" for the small (relative, especially as the years have passed) sporty--with some luxury--coupe, and the M5 has been "top dog" for the full-sized luxury--with power and good handling--sedan.
We definitely do. To be honest, most cars are common here in California. You don't really get to scream, "My car is exclusive!" unless you have something really, really special. And don't go to a Cars & Coffee here........it's a car nut's wet dream.
I'm not too caught up with exclusivity personally, so seeing nice cars on every drive sounds like heaven. Combined with the weather, I wouldn't mind moving there someday.

I just moved to the Seattle area, but so far the daily drive car scene has been a little disappointing. Nearly every other car is a Subaru Outback (a good car I'm sure, but not terribly exciting). On the bright side, I have three tracks within an hour from my house.

EDIT: ...and wow, the conversation here has really drifted off topic, haha.
Appreciate 0