09-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #114
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
We had a 3.2L Inline-6 engine that screamed like a family of chainsaws caught in a fire all the way to 8000RPM.

If everyone "reserved judgement" until they saw, felt, drove, heard, listened, licked, the car in person, we would have nothing to talk about here.

I loved my high-revving I6s with the power curve it brought with it. I love my high-revving V8 with an even higher redline even though it's more exotic and less of a screamer. These are the things I love about all the M3's I've owned.

The new M3 will be different, thats for sure. I, along with many, might like it, love, it or hate it, or might feel that while it's still a good car, the values of the natural M car are no longer there. I really hope not but it's possible.

Either way, the M division is phenomenal. I'm sure the car will be nothing short of amazing, even if it caters to a new crowd and not the high revving, all the power up top junkies like myself.

Here's to hoping the redline hits at least 8k and the power is put down very linear and predictable like past M3s and NOT like 335s.
+1, well said.
Appreciate 0