06-05-2019, 09:16 AM   #46
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaS54M View Post
I'm actually thinking of selling my F80M CP and making the P jump as well...

TBH the M blows the Porsche car out of the water in terms of torque/power, but I can tell the Porsche GT3 would really shine in my local mountains (Angeles Crest) or any local track. I've been driving my buddies 997.2 GT3 and when he bought it ,we drove down in my F80. I drove the GT3 back home and instantly noticed it's lack of power, but it's N/A. The power delivery is all at the top. The M's low end torque is instant! I did notice when in the upper rev range in the GT3, that thing pulls.. The Porsche is a more track focused car from the factory and the M is more civil, granted it has loads of power.

I'm looking at 997.1 GT3/991.1 S cars right now. The 997 GT3 cars are super rowdy and I can't see any Girlfriend wanting to ride inside. My buddy has the GMG oval exhaust and you can hear that car a block away. The good thing about Porsche cars, is the availability of parts and shops that can work on any year of the cars.

The 997 GT3 cars are very purposeful though. Not the kind of car you can daily, run errands or even casually drive around. It requires so much attention with the gear box and clutch situation. That being said, I would love to have one for a weekend squirt up the highway kind of car. Drive up to the mountains.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...60afd412_c.jpg[/img]

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...b73496e9_c.jpg[/img]
You're just comparing the M3 to one trim of a dozen trims lol. GT3 is a great car, but it's NA so it'll definitely be lacking torque as opposed to FI cars. I loved every M3 I've owned, but as soon as I drove a 991.2 I immediately knew it was the perfect sports car.

Granted, they are both very different vehicles for different purposes and with different price points. But look at the M4GTS. still couldn't beat a 991 GTS around the track despite similar price points and the M4GTS being completely track purpose built.

Ideally, one would have a 991/992 for joy rides and an F80 or F90 as a daily. They each dominate their respective segments.