View Single Post
      07-11-2019, 09:52 PM   #1
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

Test drove a Giulia Quad today

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give my impression of this fabulous car after taking it for a test drive today.

Year: 2018 with ceramic brakes, sparco seats and fully optioned
Steering: telepathic, precise, organic.
Suspension: not too stiff, very compliant and uniform
Power: aggressive, wonderful exhaust note, very quick off the line
interior: very driver focused, perfect steering wheel.. sparco seats are
very supportive.
Brakes: the car I drove had the ceramics, overall they stop well but the stopping experience feels like I'm stepping on a rod instead of a pedal. It's very firm and lacks progressive effort, but the car does stop well.

To summarize this is a very focused driver's car and turns direction remarkably. The tightness of the chassis and directness of the steering makes the car feel alot smaller than it is and makes it very playful. It inspires confidence and makes the car a joy to drive at any speed.

Compared to the M3 (ZCP):
Getting back in the M3, I feel like I'm driving a 5 series now. The lack of steering feel, and extra effort needed to rotate the car makes it feel alot bigger than it is. Also the car rolls alot more in the corners than it needs to and it's strange since the suspension/wheel combo makes the M3 so much stiffer than it needs to be.
Not to say the M3 is not capable, but I feel it doesn't reward the driver or inspire confidence like the Giulia does.

I know alot of people ding the car for the poor reliability and the dealer I spoke admitted that many of the 2017 models had issues. He even said one was lemon law'd, but he said he's had no individuals with 2018 cars come in for major issues and he's sold 20-30 cars last year.

Anyways just wanted to give my insight on the car. It's really a nice performance sedan and truly worth consideration.

Steve
Appreciate 2
mcc3456332.00
Tiss'er79.50