View Single Post
      07-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #8
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absurdium View Post
I'm not sure what the context here is but I will say I am confident that the M4 should be about 1 second faster than the 981 Cayman S on this track. You can clearly see that I lifted well before the crest at the back straight and went into 2 and 3 conservatively. Problem with the M4 is that its operating window is tighter than the cayman in stock form. You only have maybe 2-3 laps where tires and brakes are at optimal temperature for a hotlap as it's a heavy car. It's not an easy car to drive fast. This combined with the cayman's ability to allow the driver extract most of it's performance easily converts to the result you guys see.

I'm not sure about your comment about the gap if we had more laps. The gap would not widen and actually reverse in my opinion. My virtual best was a 1:32:xx where as he had a virtual best of 1:34:xx, only marginally lower than his best lap of the day. I'm sure he can crack into the 1:33:xx with more seat time but I'm expecting the M4 to dip into the 1:32:xx and potentially 1:31:xx. Both performs well on the track but it's really a different style between the two cars. However at a tighter track though, the cayman takes it as the problem with operating window is further amplified. I would have a very difficult time staying with him on a technical track as he has the advantage in both entry speed, apex speed, and even exit as he can get on the gas earlier. All of this is indeed impressive when you consider the cayman has an open diff; really speaks to how good the cayman chassis is. However the M4 is my daily driver thus my alignment settings and hardware cannot be as aggressive as his. All things considered the M4 does well against purebred sportscars like the cayman you see here.
Two trolls are crapping on your thread for no reason, so I apologize for responding to them

The M4 is very fast in almost stock form, keep pushing and don't worry about yours not being a 'dedicated sports car'. I haven't been to Mosport as it's quite far and not in the 'must see' track list, but go to one of the bigger tracks and your car will shine.
Appreciate 1
Absurdium152.00