From Russia With Boost
Rep
Drives: E92 335i - Vroom

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTaL
Too bad they don't have that roar sound you get from petrol cars
Ward is completely right. Electric cars are great and more efficient, but that energy has to be produced by burning fossill fuels.

Wind, solar and hydro power are the BEST ways of obtaining "clean" energy.

An interesting fact i had been told in my Nanotechnology class: if the USA wants to satisfy all of the energy needs for this country using Nuclear power plants, there would have to be a Nuclear Power Plant constructed everyday for the next 50 years.

Also, an interesting alternative for home electricity is solar energy panels. Solar energy is believed by many to be the source of energy for the future (completely renewable, readily avalible, and "simple") Even now, especially in other countries (japan i believe is in the lead) consumers are installing solar panels on their roofs at home. Even with the highes efficiency solar panels availible, which are around 20-30%, that cuts their home electricity needs in half. Imagine when we get reasonable efficiencies of 80-99% from solar panels. Then OIL as we know it could be used only for cars, which would drive the price down and stop the WAR/OIL machine.
Appreciate 0