View Single Post
      02-08-2019, 05:36 PM   #64
bracer
Mr Bill
Rep
Drives: GLC63

No doubt it could be a great product, and I'm familiar with the current issues with back pressure in the manifold, and what we are currently getting for ratios between boost and back pressure. Not to mention I just ordered a stage II+ and I've had some missing pieces on their install kit, so there's that. If this does what they say, it looks like it could perform well, although it appears the spool is pretty late.

For my car I'm planning on running without Meth, port injection, or E85 though (road race car), which limits the amount of power / boost you can run. (100 Octane race fuel) I think the issue I see with this option is you'd really need / want to be pushing the envelop pretty hard 30+ psi, (Port injection, built motor, built head to raise spring pressures, etc...) before an $8K turbo setup starts to make sense on a car that's worth 50K on the used market. Maybe it's just me coming from a place that I can buy a new turbo from Garrett and a custom manifold for significantly less. I just think they're going after a pretty razor thin segment of the market with this pricing. Given there isn't a core, but it's not like the used stock turbos are worth much on the market either.

Given if this was a McLaren 720S I'd probably feel differently. It could just be me though! I see all the people buying 8K wheels so there are people that will spend that.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
Turbo Miata Racecar (sold)
1995, 2009, 2015 M3 (sold)
Appreciate 2
blockdoc373.00
ssgm1x417.50