Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 1M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
I don't see how a dinosaur like the mustang can ever hold a candle to a 911 or any M series BMW. american car builders are more concerned about flash,muscle and straight line drag racing. BMW and Porsche are a moving network of science and technology and epitomize the definition of a true sports car,and will still out drag the Pony on any track or street race. Ford needs to scrap the whole pony idea and build a true sports car..
lol I wish people would do a little bit of research before making erroneous blanket statements like the one above.
I personally am not a fan of muscle cars/American cars but you need to give credit where credit is due. American cars have made huge strides in terms of handling (they always had power) while BMW is starting to make more and more big, heavy cars that handle poorly compared to their direct competitors.
Hopefully this will light a fire under BMW to not forget about their roots (E30 M3), while I understand SAV's and other bloatmobiles are necessary for BMW's bread and butter, I'm hoping they continue to build what they were once known for, small sport cars with sublime handling and balance.
Anxiously awaiting the M2 and M235i Racing...
Appreciate 0