Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
I dont know where you pull off your opinion that the engine is a
"very well tuned 1M engine" when they have specifically talked about
building the engine FOR the new F8X M

but if it is thatd be great, according to Jeremy Clarkson the 1M
has one of the best engines he has ever driven in his life,
the episode is available on Netflix, it was an interesting episode
If you pay attention to what I posted you will see that I did not say S55 "is a very well tuned 1M", I said "like" as in someone estimating something, pointing out a similarity, it's there in my post, I believe it is not a confusing post at all. Just read the whole sentence.

I know very well the Clarkson episode like almost everybody else, thanks anyway.

N54T is a great engine imo, but of course, the S55 will be even better. That is the part of the F8X that I have no doubts about. I don't like to compare apples to oranges that's why I don't want to say that it will be better than the S65 also, because I don't feel like it is a meaningful thing to say, they are different, like N54 and S65 are different too. There are things that one makes better than the other and I have zero doubts that S65 will remain as the better engine in terms of revving, linearity, sound (engine not exhaust) and especially throttle response. The new engine will do other things better, way much better and there are no winners or loosers here, it is a shift or a new way of going fast. In fact, I need to hear more about the steering, manual transmission, clutch, standard brakes, ride (with passive suspension), exhaust, production car's final design inside/outside and the price tag which may kill it or make shine. Engine itself seems fine really.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 09-26-2013 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0