View Single Post
      12-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #19
Swancoat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Also, I'm not certain about the 981's engine layout. The V6 is used for the Macan, which is transverse. Is the mid-engine layout of the 981 transverse like the upcoming NSX or longitudinal?
981 is longitudinal.

I owned a 987 Cayman S (back when it only had 295 hp) before I got my E92. Honestly, I loved that car. As far as a driving experience goes, I think it's superior to the M3. Yes, the M3 will out-drag it all day long, but the Cayman is just 'fun'. Plus, I enjoy the fact that it's a small car (makes it easy for city use - parking, etc...). But despite it's size, because of the front and rear trunks, it is surprising in the amount of stuff you can carry around in it. (It's still less than the M3, but more than you'd think you can put in such a little car).

My biggest problem is that I need to haul kids around, so I need the back seats at a minimum and the back doors are preferred (so I'm going M3).

While I do track my car as well, mainly I'm buying a daily driver. In that sense the better equipment level of the M3 (at whatever price point you choose) is appealing.
Appreciate 0