View Single Post
      07-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #62
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
If anything I was most keen on seeing where the car would fall short and i did my best to test the typical weaknesses found in modern M cars. Naturally I can't be completely unbiased. I'm only human. but i can say i don't have any reason to hide a shortfall either. The car clearly has been improved over its predecessor in every category. I'm not digging at the old car its just the most recent car i have a lot of experience with on the same tracks. I always thought the E9X was a good car but it was heavy and the move to a V8 was to compensate for the weight gain at the expense of terrible fuel economy. this car feels lighter. i will put it on scales when i get back but mine is on 18" wheels. no options other than adaptive suspension. and in comparing the two cars directly on the track the E92 is noticeably slower in every single portion of the track. thats not bashing it. thats my observation.

i'm happy with this car quite a bit. i always want an improved version. the best way to improve it is to make it lighter still. nothing wrong with that.
That you for the mature and measured response. I was just thinking about editing my post seeing how sensitive some folks are on this forum, but I see you took it in the spirit it was meant. Looking forward to more impressions (and videos!) from someone who sees the track way more than I do.
Appreciate 0