Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer
I can't imagine there is much potential left that still allows for the car to be reliable on the track. Try explaining to your SA that your turbo bearings blew apart and its not the tune's fault. Cooling will be the #1 issue. I do agree though that COBB would be the way I would go.

I don't see how anything close to 500 HP could be reliable at full tilt with stock hardware. You're just fooling yourself.
Why not? There are so many S65's running 6-8 psi superchargers running stock internals. And this is on an engine designed to be NA. BMW has over engineered the S55 as they have with every other motor built. This motor and drivetrain particularly have increased torsional and mechanical strength. If the ECU is successfully manipulated, we'll see some big numbers, without a fuss.
It's not the engine that I'm talking about, it's the cooling hardware and turbos. Heat will limit power. Does everyone forget how hot turbo cars run? I'm surprised that this car will be reliably trackable in stock form but I have doubts with bumping PSI on an ECU tune. How many tuned N55s do we see surviving track duty? Sure the F8x has improved cooling hardware but can that accommodate for more heat than stock? Limp mode will be king if tuners push 500hp.
Appreciate 0