View Single Post
      02-02-2017, 07:01 AM   #96
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeM4 View Post
No, you are putting words in my mouth. If your car came with factory installed MPE (bought used or not) it should be covered under warranty. Maybe I should rephrase? I don't believe BMW is responsible for used non-factory installed MPE with no BMW receipt.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the OP or any other members. I sure the answer is in the warranty manual for the car or the part one.

I hope BMW takes care of the OP!!! I just don't think they are the evil empire if they refuse.
Sir,
I am not attempting to put words in your mouth but your clarification helped. My question was very much directed towards the “receipt” comment. There are many out there that might not have receipts when they purchase a car 2nd hand. So then does that mean they do not have warranty coverage?

That is a very grey area and must have more supporting facts. So then you would resort to trying to find out thru history if it was a legitimate purchase or from the so called used market. In my case I purchased the car which had it on there and without documentation so I have no idea when or where it came from.

It is not on the build sheet so If BMWUSA turns down the repair and my car is still in its warranty then I will inquire deeper with the dealer on when and where it was installed. If it turns out the owner did not go thru BMW then I am screwed and will accept that but just saying “no receipt” is really not an accurate statement.

I am not an argument started or flamer just like facts to be stated and there are many on here with much less experience with BMW. I do appreciate your feedback
Appreciate 1