United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
Sorry OP, glad you're okay.

The "this is why i have a truck for the winter" or the "why live in the northeast" comments crack me up.

So because you might slide into a curb because of not having the proper tires, you will buy a whole extra car?

If you you prefer to have another car that's great, no issue there. But to make it out like its the smarter choice is baffling.

Just drive carefully, and suit the m3 with proper tires, and enjoy it year round.
When I lived in Michigan I knew several people who drove a nice sports car in the summer and also had a beater car that they drove in the winter. For the $10,000 damage incurred in this situation, you can certainly buy a beater car, equip it with snow tires, have it insured, and still have money left over. That makes way more financial sense in my mind.

The OP also said that he took his winter tires off too early.

As for "why live in the northeast", I know that I'm damn glad that I no longer live in the Michigan slop in the winter.
Only flaw in your logic is, most likely, his deductible is less then $10,000. I'm sure he's not paying the full damage amount.

Typical deductible for collision is $1,000.

Find someone a beater for $1,000 (that has at least a moderate standard of living).
Appreciate 0