CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
That's what I was saying, they already had both versions, so it was just a matter of working it into the production like anything else. They were already charging a hefty premium for those here (tried to anyway) so they may as well of given people a choice on it.

I guess strange from a stated mission part or something like that. If the CS was supposed to be a more track focused/special car yada yada, why the difference between the M3/4 CSs? I remember the marketing talking about them as part of cutting the weight etc. It couldn't of been that hard or expensive to make cardboard cutouts for the M3 CSs.

Ah fun to rehash old arguments from the past.
So you're saying they should have offered the CS without the single zone climate HVAC and the standard center console? Sure they could, but that would increase the production/distribution complexity on a relatively low volume car and increase cost further. Option choices were rather limited on the CS. BMW-NA did overprice the CS in the US, not BMW AG who produces the cars.

The M3cs was an afterthought really, rushed at the last minute, particularly aimed at the US market. Minimal investment was the goal IMO.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
minn1914070.50