View Single Post
      09-19-2020, 02:24 AM   #36
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-1J View Post
How does it help improve traction when using launch control?
On the street I spin my wheels like there's no tomorrow.

Can it change launch control mode so I can manually shift instead of allowing it to automatically shift? When I do manually shift, it will upshifts twice and mess up my quarter mile.

How does it help traction control from cutting too much power with little slip? I have an M3 F80 at about 700 whp, and when I break traction on a straight line, even just a little, my car almost completely cuts power. Can it "balance" the wheel slip and power output better, so it doesn't fully cut power?

Also, with regards to Kickdown Launch... When I may the gas pedal, it engaged at 4000 rpm. Can this allow me to drop it to 2500 or so, since there's minimal traction on the streets?

I simply feel that other cars are better from the dig and really put down the power instead spinning too much. Spinnin ain't winnin!
Your tuner needs to reduce your torque in 1st/2nd if you're spinning too much...or stickier tires. You can adjust launch rpm but can't shift the first couple gears as that's programmed launch control from factory.

You can adjust the kickdown rpm settings yes.