United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
A few IMPORTANT ADDS:

ALWAYS disconnect your battery. At 11:20 guy says this is a pain...but if you drop a bolt in the red zone and you spark then you just BOUGHT A $5K DME job.

The NGK plug box says 23Nm but my BMW mechanic said use 26Nm to make sure your crush washer seats. I first torque to 23 and then go back and creep them to 26 Newton Meters (not foot pounds).

Another good trick from my dad...use a piece of silicone tubing to slide new plugs in and thread, it's a bit easier to catch the threads than using a plug socket. It gives better "feel". I put the ground strap on the bottom so it protects the electrode from hitting any threads. Last thing you want is to cross thread a plug... Imagine pulling a head just to tap one plug hole (remember the hole is on an angle down in the coil chamber).
That's a siq pro tip from you dad - I can totally envision how you can feel your way better with the tube than a heavy piece of metal since it'll give you some feedback from the minute movements afforded by the flexible material. Props!
3/8ID x 1/2OD works great...$8.50.
A 1 foot cut is my plug tool, the last 4 feet a siphon for my race gas pails.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XMHJX8Z...b9NXSS2B?psc=1

Props to Pops!