View Single Post
      03-31-2020, 12:19 PM   #29
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
Can't help but ask why wouldn't such person wear it every year during flu season, allergy season, etc.?
Probably due to the heightened visibility this virus has brought to the fact that there are some who are more susceptible to the virus, and those with pre-existing health issues that may suffer greater adverse reaction if infected!

Yes, I agree, during the 2017-2018 Flu season, 80,000+ died, 900,000 hospitalized, and estimated 80% infected in the U.S. alone from the Flu. This despite have a vaccine, unfortunately the vaccine only worked on 1/3 of those who recieved it. Coupled with the fact that around only 40% get the vaccine... Well, you can see the issue.

Lastly, the "regular" flu, comparable to Convid-19 is apples to oranges!

Once this Virus passes through its phases and the human genome builds an immunity to it, whether artificially or through natural progression, it will be just another short epitaph in the history of infectious diseases.

But to answer your question... Why are people still going to the beach? Having Corona Parties? Because we all keep these things at arm's length until it happens to them, or someone they love. It's not real, can't happen to me mentality, etc.

I try not to worry about other people and focus on what I can do, to protect myself, and others. I don't focus on things I have no control over (other people).

Regards
Appreciate 1