08-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #15
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I have an E90 M3 and so far I am mehhh on the whole M3/M4 coming.

The Turbo engine is all or nothing and the weight loss claims are propaganda as far as I am concerned.

I've said in earlier posts this COULD be an amazing car but it has a high likelyhood of being a complete dud.

No way I'll put money down until 2-3 years so we can sort out the real truth or just BMW hot air.

Looking at the M division the M5/M6/M6GC are fat, overweight, overhyped and grossly overrated.

I dont see BMW M changing their stripes on this car....but if this is THE shit I'll admit I'm wrong.

I'll take a used GT3 in 3 years since that is a sports car. Not sure BMW M Division is making sports cars anymore.
I don't understand your logic at all. You claim the M5/M6 are overweight but yet you bought an "overweight" M3 that BMW has corrected with a lighter M4. Where is the propaganda about the weight loss claims? It's pretty clear by all reports.

What "hot air" are you're not believing and why do you think it could be a high likelihood of being a complete dud? What would BMW have to gain to try and fool you now? Wouldn't this hot air backfire once they reveal the car? And whether you like it or not, turbos are the wave of the future. You speak highly of Porsche but how do you feel about top of the heap king of the hill of all the 911's, the $180K Porsche Turbo S?

The GT3 is surely a better sports car than the M4, but it's also twice the price and in a different league. Sure you can buy a used GT3 but lets compare apples to apples.

The F80/82 are going to be lighter, faster and more torque with better fuel economy then the E90 M3. It's a better car in every way except maybe the engine sound and that's subjective and very arguable. Good job, BMW. It's about time.
Appreciate 0