View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 10:33 AM   #127
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Thinking of my next step in for my M3 CS. 6-8 track days a year 8-10 auto-crosses, driving to and from. Nothing too serious, I don't want to start playing the mod game until I get much better as a driver. I don't daily the car, maybe once or twice a week to work for fun. Think OEM++.

So far:

MPHAS
GC Camber Plates
PS4S

Possible next steps:
RE-71R - 265/30/19f 285/35/20r - I originally wanted track wheels, but the streetability of RE-71R's might let me just stick with the OEM wheels. I would love to go 295/30/20r but the short sidewall is a concern.

Brakes - I want to stick with the stock brakes/rotors and get pads and fluid.

What should I lean on first, brakes or tires? Any suggestions with the stock brakes what pad will work best for PS4S street tires? - Endless ME20, Ferodo DS2500 or PFC08?
I really like the RE71 as a streetable track tire. IIRC I run 265 front and 295 rear. The rear sidewall isn't that short as it's a really wide tire, and the '20' is a % of the width

I would lean on brakes way before tires. The worst thing that can happen with a PS4S is you destroy them in a weekend and even then it would be due to insufficient front camber, nothing else. With brakes though, the worst thing is going into a wall.

I've instructed plenty of beginners and intermediates and never run into an issue with their street tires, however, their brakes fail quite often.

I'd use the PFC11 pad as it is quieter than the PFC08, but either will pull your eye balls out of your sockets.

Right after pads and long before even upgrading tires I would get front camber plates. They make a world of difference in tire longevity.
Appreciate 3
Gomeler500.00
jmg18703.50