View Single Post
      02-08-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
moose_load
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

moose_load M3 Journal

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself on here. Ive been around the forums for a while and at one point was very active way back when in the S2000 forum days, and I always thought this was the natural progression. Ive always wanted to get into ///M cars and a few years back I stumbled across a Melbourne Red/Red 2011 E90 sunroof delete, comp car. I couldn't pass it up as it was unique. I really enjoyed the car bought an extended warranty through my bank (USAA) and made sure the car was serviced and taken care of at BMW. If you are able to qualify for USAA the extended auto warranty is hands down the best, I highly recommend it. I decided to quit blowing money buying mods for my past cars and decided I should get more into detailing. I corrected and polished the paint so I could add the Car Pro Ti02 ceramic. My wife and I were out one weekend and our dealer had a used F80 M3, and I said lets go drive it and see if we like it... we swapped halfway through the drive and upon. completion of the drive my wife said "ok yeah you can trade your car just not for this color". My hunt was on. My main disappointment with the E90 was a lack of a carbon fiber roof. I was also looking for something unique. Initially I was dead set on getting another car with the comp package particularly in Shakhir Orange, I eventually changed my mind due to the roads when I drive into Memphis are terrible. Back in December I stumbled across this Certified Azurite Black Metallic F80 optioned exactly how I wanted 10 hours away, and decided to make the deal and leave that night. When the weather warms up some Im going to correct the paint and take it a step further this time. We had just moved into our new home in November, and I still don't have my garage squared away yet, with the rain and new construction its been hell trying to keep my car clean. I'll update the thread with some more photos once I start my paint correcting process. Ive been down with the flu all week and boredom has reached the max for me to post.

I do plan on doing a few mods to the car nothing major, so far all Ive done is update the maps to the current year. The next items I want to knock out is: The car had a front plate, and Mississippi doesn't require one so I need to plug the 2 holes. Send back my Valentine 1 for an update, and order a new blend mount. Im still mixed on the painted front deflectors from IND but its on the list. After all that Id like to upgrade the intake.

Last edited by moose_load; 02-08-2019 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 3
GERMAN M34181.00
zamboni1127.50
GOLFFRR10794.00